With thousands of years of development and evolution, nowadays, umbrella is not only a practical accessory for rainy days but also a trendy item. Nonetheless, we can not say quality assurance is not necessary while its appearance is innovated. As we know, a flimsy umbrella could break easily after a few times use while a sturdy umbrella can last for years. Therefore, the inspection of umbrellas is particularly important. So how to inspect the umbrella? Today we are going to share it with you.
1. Umbrella Quality Inspection
(1) Switch Performance Check
When you hold an umbrella in hand, you should be allowed to open it smoothly to the top, not obstructed, not falling. When you close the umbrella, it must also be light and easy to close. The umbrella bone joint on the umbrella handle should be able to retract and lock freely, and the switch parts should not fail or fall off. When using the automatic umbrella, the opening speed should be fast or not violent, and evenly strong, and the pulling force should not be too heavy when closing.
(2) Umbrella Fabric Inspection
The umbrella fabric must be flat, high-density, free of dirt, holes, and skip yarn to ensure that the umbrella will not leak. The stitches of the umbrella surface should be uniform, fine and solid, consistent in color. The surface of the fabric should be coated with a layer of rain-proof resin glue, which will not leak during rainstorms, and there must be no obvious weaving defects and slurry leakage. When the umbrella canopy is opened, the shape of the umbrella should be full and beautiful, and it should not be "pot-shaped" or "bowl-shaped";
(3) Umbrella Frame Inspection
The umbrella ribs should be rust-proof, flexible, and sturdy. They should be close to the umbrella shaft after being retracted, and the rivet joints should be neat and free of thorns.
2. 7 Key Points To Inspect The Quality Of An Umbrella
1. Check whether the parts of the umbrella are missing (handle, tips, cap, other accessories, etc.);
2. Check whether the umbrella cap, tips, handle and other parts of the umbrella are easy to fall off;
3. Check whether the umbrella features, specs, colors are consistent with the approved samples;
4. Check the umbrella surface, whether the umbrella ribs are cracked, damaged, scratched, dirty, or other water stains. The seam of the umbrella surface should not be detached, exposed, and there should be no defects such as skipped stitches, broken threads, etc. The stitch length should be no less than 15 stitches within 5CM, and the pattern of the umbrella surface should not have obvious dislocation. Holes or skipped yarns are not allowed to appear on the umbrella canopy.
5. Check whether all the LOGO printing on the umbrella is clear and complete (including the outer packaging)
6. Check the safety requirements of the umbrella. The parts that can be touched during use should not have acute angles that can hurt the human body. Burrs and wire ends should not be exposed.
7. Check whether the packaging is done according to the requirements. The export carton should be strong enough to pass the drop test.
3. Umbrella Quality Inspection Procedures
1. Switch performance: Hold the umbrella handle and turn it back and forth 3 times (the umbrella cannot be opened if the self-opening button is not pressed), and then switch the umbrella 5 times.
2. Automatic umbrella opening force: the maximum force value should not be greater than 30N, and the minimum force should not be less than 3N.
3. Combination fastness of umbrella handle and umbrella shaft/umbrella cap and umbrella shaft: fix the umbrella shaft, hang a weight on the umbrella shaft or use force measuring equipment, apply 150N pulling force along the shaft axis, and the pulling force of umbrella cap is 70N.
4. The number of consecutive switches without failure: It requires 600 times open and close test for manual open umbrella, 400 times for semi-auto umbrella, and 300 times for auto open close umbrella, there should be no rivets falling off, spring failure, umbrella frame fracture, seam detachment, seam eye detachment, handle shift, plating peeling phenomenon.
5. Rainproof test: After the test under the rain shower, the umbrella pole will not drip, and there should be no dripping or obvious foggy phenomenon on the umbrella surface. (Generally, it is stipulated that the height H from the bottom of the umbrella cap to the nozzle head is 700MM—900MM, and the umbrella surface rotates around the umbrella shaft at a speed of 5R/min. The spray water volume should reach (3.6+5)L/min, and the surface should be even Within the range of the rain, observe the situation of the surface within 2 minutes.)
6. For different umbrellas, other tests need to be done, such as salt water test, dye fastness test, wind strength test of umbrella bones, UV protection, etc.